Thursday, January 19, 2012

Needing A Creative Outlet

So, I quit blogging, obviously. It was just too much to try and crank out 3 or more posts a week with 3 small boys. And honestly, I think I cared way too much what people thought of my posts, and I got caught up in the decorating "trends" instead of doing what felt right for the "bones" of my house and mixing what I really love together. Make any sense? Now that I've figured all that out, this time around I'm going to post when the mood strikes.

For the past, almost year (feels like FOR-EV-ER) I've been saving up for built ins for my living room. And I'm so excited to say that they'll finally be built next week. Here is my inspiration

And then I'm adding a built in desk to one of the shelves, like this.

I have a vision and I hope it comes to life the way I have it in my head. So I'll keep you posted.

PS. If you need kid friendly rugs check out Bryn's post today. I love Dash and Albert!

*All images are Pinterest but I didn't save the source :(

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see a picture of what your built ins will look like!! LOVE them!! I am so excited to see it come to fruition!! You will definitely have to post pictures after! I'm glad you are blogging again and love your renewed way to do so! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Excited times--having built-ins made. We just had some wardrobes made for our master bedroom. Still working on finishing everything--hope to have it all done by spring. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete