Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Little Progress

Slowly but surely progress has been made on my house. It feels like such a long time coming. I've been saving for my built ins for a year, but I definitely feel they elevate the space. Here are a few sneak peeks of the projects that have been going on around here the past couple of months. Keep in mind nothing is "completely styled" (ex. the bookcase) and its all a work in progress :) Isn't is always?

Waiting to purchase some dust free chalk before I let kiddos go to town on the chalkboard wall. i'm thinking I'll do a fun quote that spans the top 3 walls.


The cabinet door is my fold out secretary desk that stores our computer. Love that I can fold the home office up and out of site.

These pics are bad, but I love the feel of our new entry. So much more "me" than before. I still need to put pics in frames and add something on the wall above the lamp.

Hope all is well for everyone. Its spring break here in Utah. We're headed to Baby Animal Days, a birthday party and a hike. The week's been a little slow, so the busyness is much appreciated :)

Happy Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOVE what you have done with your entry. I agree...it is so YOU!! And those built ins...AMAZING!! Then there is the chalkboard wall...! Do you just sit back and look around and feel like you are in a new home?? I bet you are LOVING it!! I just love you and your amazingly talented self!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good, girl! I've had chalkboard walls on my mind lately--love how yours turned out. And your entry looks great. Love all the warmth and texture. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I need so much help in the decorating department! It all looks great, you're so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your build-ins. they look amazing. isn't white just the way to go! are you serious about "dust-free" chalk or am i having a blonde moment? if the stuff really exists i will be making a purchase myself! you are darling and i'm so glad you are back at the blog, i've missed ya!

    ReplyDelete