Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 Trends!

Did you watch the Nate Berkus Show on Friday? It was a good one! Michelle Adams from Lonnymag.com shared the top 5 interior trends for 2011, and I'm so excited to see how people are going to be using them in their homes!

I've put together some of my favorite things from the top 5 trends. Enjoy!

#5- Mirrored Accents

Mirrored accents are a great way to add a little bit of elegance. You can add this trend in a small dose by mixing a mirrored frame in with your other frame styles.

Or go big! I am loving the feminine lines of this console table. Its all about incorporating the piece with what you already have. So fun!
(allcoffeetables.com)

#4- Typography

We've been seeing this trend a lot lately and I love it for a couple of reasons a) it's clean and fresh b) you can get awesome pieces on etsy for really inexpensive.

Choose one piece and pair it with your paintings and photography

This ampersand would mix well with just about anything. How cute would it be in a little square frame? And its $6.50, I mean seriously!
(PrintforLoveofWood-etsy)

Don't ask me why, because I'm not totally sure, but I am in LOVE with this deer head print. I think it would be so great in a guy's office, and it might need a spot in my living room as well. $16!!
(Aldari-etsy)

#3- Storage Art

Instead of hiding all of our jewelry and other "pretty" things, its time to display them. Check out this 'make me giddy' tray!
(tillymaison-etsy)

Doesn't it just make you happy looking at it?

#2- Mid Century Lighting

Ok, this one is all about clean, simple lines. I wasn't sure at first, but I kind of like it!(Rejuvenation)



#1-Rust Color

How fun is this one?! It doesn't mean you need to have a rust colored couch to honor this trend. I love the idea of "pops" of rust, whether it be a throw, a pillow, a lamp, or a beautiful tray.(west elm)




I feel like the great thing about these trends is that you can incorporate them into your space with what you already have. A fun, and inexpensive way to give your home a fresh look for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment