Friday, March 4, 2011

Inexpensively Updating Your Home: Part II

I'm back with a few more tips to give your home a fresh, "new to you" look and feel.

Typography- I know I've mentioned this before, but for people who love to display quotes and sayings, typography is such a great way to go. Pair it with a variety of photographs or other art and it will give your room a bit of a modern feel. As always etsy has so many amazing, inexpensive options.



(Circle Prints)


Unexpected Color or Pattern-I love a room that has a statement piece of furniture, a pillow, rug, accessory,etc. Something that demands attention, but still flows with the space.

The green and pink pillows pop against the neutral couch, and the wall speaks for itself in that amazing aqua.

(Lonny)

Cutest lamp ever! Its definitely the first thing your eye is drawn to.

(Rue)

The ikat chairs give this room just the right amount of color and pattern against the neutral back drop.

(Coburn Architecture and Interiors via Decor Pad)

Paint and Hardware- I realize these are so obvious, but what a huge difference a fresh coat of paint or new cabinet handles can make.

Did you see this kitchen makeover on design sponge? Joi is darling, I can't believe I haven't heard of her blog before. Charcoal gray walls, painted white cabinets, fresh hardware. I'm in LOVE!

Here is the before. AMAZING what a little hard work can do!

Repurpose- This kind of goes along with using your existing furniture. I love the idea of taking a piece and thinking of it in a whole new light. It seriously is a rush to create something "new" for next to nothing.

Coffee table turned ottoman!(Just Beachy)

Another great idea from Joi-that planter is a hamper!

I still can't get over that kitchen re-do. Now I think I need to re-stain my kitchen table and add two ghost chairs. Did you spy that in the kitchen pic? Wow, one thing at a time... I'll be working on my desk this weekend, let's get that bad boy done!

Hope you have a good one, see you Monday:)

3 comments:

  1. I love ALL the creative and fun tips. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "do what you love" print and happy to be introduced to The Ink Society!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the picture plug! You are too sweet for including me! I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete