Monday, February 14, 2011

Danielle Oakey Interiors


I am thrilled to have Danielle Oakey guest posting for me today! I am a HUGE fan of her blog, and her work! Her DIY's are seriously my favorites! Danielle has been a big help to me, as I am new to this blogging thing, and I am so grateful for her.


Hi, I am Danielle from Danielle Oakey Interiors.
I am so happy to be at Cove Street today.
I have loved getting to know Katie over the last couple months.
I absolutely adore her and her son's nursery bedding, beautiful!

Katie asked me to share my favorite DIY project.
My Animal Silhouette Plates are by far my favorite to date.
Simple, inexpensive, and make such a statement.


I purchased white porcelain plates from my local thrift store.
I printed out animal silhouettes from online, traced on black card stock, cut out, and mod podged to the plates.


See, I told you it was easy.
total cost: $13.00, now that is my kind of DIY!
I hung them with wall plate hangers from Michael's.


best part, my daughter loves them :)

In honor of Valentines Day, I thought I would share what I am loving right now.
I can't get enough of these Vintage Ceramic Owl Banks from the Etsy shop Fruit Fly Pie.



I think those are the cutest little banks I have ever seen.
Perfect for my daughter's room.
Now I just have to decide on what color!

Thanks for having me Katie, It was fun!

Those plates are perfect above the bed, Emory's room is darling! Thanks so much Danielle! Check out her blog Danielle Oakey Interiors, I promise it will become a daily read:) Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

P.S. Owen's Nursery is featured on Spearmint Baby today!!:)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm also a big fan of Danielle's DIY projects. Great idea to have her as a guest post. I was looking at the other posts on your blog, and I love the quilt in your son's nursery. It has such calming colors. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for having me! Congrats on the feature, it sure is fun to see your work featured huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle's little girl room is one of my faves and I never tire of seeing it! Thanks for introducing us to Cove Street, Danielle!

    Off to check out the other feature! (this is how the rabbit hole of blogs happens!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came over here from Danielles blog to see her DIY project and I love it!

    Love your blog too, off to read more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind is racing with ideas from this post. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors with the black and white. Such a great sophisticated space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! The headboard is wonderful! I just love that fabric so bold and fun! Very cute blog. I'm a new follower. Carrie

    ReplyDelete